Thursday, March 4, 2010

Writer's week

It's beautiful, inspiring, enlightening and free. Adelaide Writer's Festival is currently on in Adelaide and I've decided that next year (or the year after if they keep it as a bi-annual event) I am going to be super organised and go EVERY day. Went yesterday and felt amazed at the wit and brilliance of the authors I heard plus revitalised by the inspirations they provided.

If you've never been - go - it was wonderful and in such a beautiful setting that it shouldn't be missed. Rave, rave, rave.....

4 comments:

KateB said...

Laughed out loud when I read this, as that is my resolution, too: to clear the decks for the entire week and go to EVERYTHING the next time around. Only, unlike you, I couldn't get myself there this time and was bitterly disappointed as there were so many authors I'd love to hear: Marcus Z. of The Book Thief (an all-time favorite), William Dalrymple, Richard Dawkins. We are so lucky to have it and I was so stupid to miss it. Never again!

Jane said...

I'll be reminding you - it was really fantastic this year - helped of course by the fact that it was neither 42C or raining.

................................................... said...

Can i come to! X Trouble

Jane said...

You are more than welcome Trouble and I think you'd really enjoy it - but you need to write on your blog!