Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Spoilt for choice


I am currently in the very fortunate position of having too many books to read and also too many books to review.


I am still reading the Widow Cliquot which is a fascinating insight into the history of champagne and the famous Verve Cliquot champagne. I'll review this as soon as its finished - but I now NEED to finish Barack Obama's biography Dreams from my Father for book club.

I feel like I have an exam coming up and I haven't started to study yet. Its making me nervous (as I'm by nature a studious student and a compulsive planner) as its my first book club and I would hate to turn up not having read the books!


The other book I have just finished (the other book club recommendation) was Lunch in Paris - I'm dying to hear what everybody thought of this but can't review it here yet, because I'm sure that would be against book club protocol - if there is such a thing.



Proper book reviews will need to wait for a day or two while I get some reading under my belt. I do have a review I want to do on two very unusual books written by the same author - but this will now have to wait as well.

2 comments:

Nikki M said...

interested in your thoughts on Dreams from my Father - we read it at bookclub before the US Elections. My choice - not popular afterwards.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane,
Thats great you are joining our book club. Looking forward to next week at our meeting. It will be a very interesting one. Fiona