Monday, April 5, 2010

A Green Thumb



Tomorrow heralds the start of a new Chapter for me. My new friend Heidi from Chooks and Veggies arrives tomorrow to transform a corner of our back garden into four raised vegetable garden beds. I am extremely excited at the thought of being able to grow our own vegetables and herbs but am equally terrified that I will kill them all in the first month!

I haven't got the greatest track record when it comes to gardening but I really like the idea......

I'll let you know how we go and will attempt to put photos on the blog to demonstrate either:
a) my prowess or;
b) my failure.

In preparation, I have been browsing my Stephanie Alexander's, A Kitchen Garden Companion and am all inspired with wonderful garden grown recipes - will let you know if any eventuate.

3 comments:

paperwhite said...

Good luck Jane, we have endless fun with our veggie patch. we are lucky enough to have access to sawdust, stale hay, chicken litter and seaweed which all adds up to huge lush produce!

Jane said...

Thanks I am really looking forward to the joy of home grown produce - but I realise I have a lot to learn!

KateB said...

So jealous! I dream of being overrun by tomatoes and basil. Another great addition to the kitchen library could be Stephanie Alexander's Kitchen Garden Cooking With Kids. We have a copy (but no kitchen garden!) so let me know if you'd like to take if for a few seasons.