Thursday, April 8, 2010

Every day is a new beginning....



At 9am this morning we had the start of a shell.

By 5pm this afternoon, we had the beginnings of a real vegetable / herb/ salad garden!


We have rosemary, strawberries (which will be great for next summer), lots of lovely lettuces (what is the plural of lettuce??), thyme, basil (which is on its last legs), beetroot, rhubarb, coriander, vietnamese mint, parsley, carrots, spring onions and snow peas - I'm sure there are more but that's all I can remember without having to walk out there again to check. Is it a worry that I've started to talk to them?

Thanks Heidi - tres exciting!!

7 comments:

trouble said...

WOW!!!!!!! fantastic, a real Jamie Oliver garden, can't wait to come and try! Once it all grows it will look gorgeous. LOVE IT! X

Jane said...

Fingers crossed!

Anonymous said...

You don't do things by half do you? It looks great. Am very jealous and am going out to yell at my veggie box to perform or it's history!
Georgie
PS - how do I sign up properly?? And can I send comments on book I'm reading?
XOXO

Jane said...

Georgie - you can keep being anonymous if you like or you set up a google account (free, easy )or better yet start your own blog!!
Please do send through comments on books you are reading - I always need new inspiration.

Anonymous said...

great garden Jane. I love the rosemary around the outside. Fiona T

liza said...

hi jane,
the vegi garden looks amazing - i'm new to the "blogging" but loved reading yours. hope school holidays are treating you well. coffee next week?
liza x

Brown Button Trading said...

um WOW! who needs the central markets when you have this beautiful veggie garden! congratulations, its sensational.