Monday, November 9, 2009

New book

Ooh very exciting - a new book! 

Inspired by my friends Mouse's beautiful new Frida Kahlo print - I had to buy this book purely for the gorgeous cover. Sadly I have bought many books simply because I liked the covers and have found many gems that way too. I loved Barbara Kingsolver's previous book 'The Poisonwood Bible' - so am hoping I enjoy this one as much - I'll let you know.

'The Poisonwood Bible' had a profound effect on me in that I often wonder which child I would help first in the case of a disaster (fire, flood, burglary). Do you remember that tragic story of that poor mother in the tsunami in Bali where she had two children (a toddler and an infant) and had to hand her toddler to someone else to help because she could only hold onto a tree and the baby but not the toddler as well? I can't remember what the outcome was but I hope I am never in a situation that requires that kind of decision.

Off to brave the heat....

No comments: