Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Another mothering joy


One of the joys of motherhood is the unpredictability of things. 
Just when you have a glorious day planned (and I am a planner) - or just a day of work (which is where I should be today) - along comes something to change your plans completely! And today we have....nits! Excellent - just spent 2 hours de-lousing child who is now in a trance watching 'Valiant' while I get to vacuum and wash all the linen.  

Hubby is reading chapters of Harry Potter to both boys every night (delightful for me!) in said child's bed - so I guess I need to de-louse everyone. SB has already read all the Harry Potters but they both look forward to their Harry Potter time with Daddy. I'm apparently not allowed to read instead of Daddy because he doesn't want to miss out - but I think its just because he reads with such great voices and they love their Daddy time.

He has actually read to the boys each night (other than the occasional night off when wining or dining!) since they were born - and is very happy that they are now in chapter books!! I wonder if this is why they both love to read or do you think kids are just born liking books? 

Actually I need to find some new books for SB (9 years old) who devours books and has finished all the ones I bought recently - time to scour the bookshops and see what's around (but not today....).

Can you believe its nearly Christmas - and no, I haven't started my Christmas shopping yet!! Have absolutely no idea what to buy the 'children who have everything' - hopefully Santa has some good ideas.... How outrageous that the Christmas decorations were in store in October this year - is it just me or are the years going quicker (yes, I know its a sign of getting older - terrific).

(Why does my scalp feel itchy??).

I now have to go and watch TMNT video (yes I know he should be outside playing or we should be doing craft together - but yes I am a bad mother) as JB does not like to do anything without an audience - luckily my little boy makes me laugh a lot. (Honestly - once got home from work to find babysitter sitting on the edge of the bath reading to JB while he did a poo - what will he be like when he's older????)

No comments: