Thursday, September 23, 2010

Bird by Bird

Have you got a story in you that's just dying to get out? Have you ever wondered whether you could write a book and be the next JK Rowling? Maybe its just a short story, an article or even a poem.

If your inner writer is trying to be heard, you should definitely read this funny, clever, humbling and inspiring book Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott.


I'm not sure whether this book has inspired me (and my little story wanting to come out) or provided me with a very real wake-up call. Every now and then I think writing a book wouldn't be that hard and then I read something like Bird by Bird and realise I haven't got a clue and the most beautiful books are extremely cleverly composed by very talented writers - and I am not one of them.

Anyway the journey continues and I highly recommend reading this book to anyone interested in the art of book writing - whether you dream of writing your own or just appreciate the skill required and are interested in finding out more about how it is done.

No comments: