Thursday, December 3, 2009

Holiday Fodder



I've found one of my next books to read on the daily imprint blog site (which has some great inspiration...) - daily imprint: (writing.inspiration) caroline overington- I love that she's Australian, a Walkley award winner and once again I'm a sucker for a beautiful book cover. I'm not sure why I want to read it though as it involves children and a suspected murder (and I always try to avoid books that have children in them and are potentially sad - the real world is sad enough) but I really need a holiday read and I'm intrigued by the storyline (and those holidays can't come soon enough!!).




And here is another one I'm going to add to the pile. Its about finding your place of 'belonging' - what and where is home? I love this concept as I don't have a 'place' that is home but rather people that form my 'home' - having moved countries,states and cities over the years I always laugh when people ask me - 'where are you from?'. Where are any of us from? Got to go and buy this soon.....

2 comments:

Kate Buckley said...

LOVE Caroline Overington. She wrote a terrific, humorous account of her family's adventure living in NYC. Very young twins, a husband who loves to surf (not much of that in NYC) and herself, doing her a very serious job with The Australian from home, all crammed into a teeny, tiny basement apt. If the murder story gets to be too much, reach for that one! Called "Only In New York".

Jane said...

Thanks Kate - I read up a bit about her today - she sounds like one of those amazing / sickening women that seem to be able to do it all - and still look beautiful.