Monday, October 11, 2010

The Legacy

I've been putting off writing this post about one of the books I've just finished reading as I just didn't really love it and probably wouldn't recommend you rush out and get it. So, it seems kind of pointless to be writing a review on a book that I didn't enjoy but there may be many of you that disagree with me and I'd be interested to hear your perspectives.


The Legacy by Katherine Webb is the story of two sisters, Erica and Beth returning to their now deceased grandmother's home where they used to spend their summer holidays as children. As Erica searches through her late grandmother's belongings, a secret emerges, reaching all the way back to a beautiful heiress in turn-of-the-century Oklahoma. As past and present converge, Erica and Beth must come to terms with two terrible acts of betrayal - and the heartbreaking legacy left behind.

The book was an easy read but I just felt that the present and past stories didn't connect up as well as I'd hoped and the characters were all a bit one dimensional and unsympathetic. I don't like to criticize a book as I certainly could not do any better, but as I said before -  I probably wouldn't rush out to get it but at the same time, it certainly wouldn't tax you too much to read it either.

The next book I've read and will post about soon was brilliant!!! I haven't stopped thinking about it and discussing it with others who've read it - so you'll have to come back soon to see what it was....

No comments: